The Wonders of Carrots
7 Benefits of Carrot Juice
Who knew carrots could be so beautiful? We are now stocking our grab and go fridge with, CARROT JUICE, because it is some pretty powerful stuff! We probably all know that carrots are good for us, but maybe not the specifics. Here are some of the top benefits of drinking carrot juice. Some of them may just surprise you!
1. Protect eye health. One of the big game changers in carrots is beta carotene, a form of vitamin A. Vitamin a deficiency can lead first two night blindness, then permanent blindness. Vitamin a deficiency is actually the number one cause of preventable blindness worldwide. Just one cup of carrots provide 400% of your vitamin a needs! Eating carrots or drinking carrot juice regularly will help you maintain healthy eyes and vision throughout your life.
2. High source of antioxidants. Carrots and carrot juice benefit the immune system by helping to defend the body from free radical damage, harmful bacteria, viruses and inflammation. Carrots are one of the highest natural sources of carotenoid phytochemical and antioxidant beta carotene, both of which fight cancer by stopping DNA damage, levels of inflammation and cell mutation.
3. Decreases risk for heart disease and stroke. Eating more deeply colored orange vegetables like carrots decreases the risk of cardiovascular disease, especially in adult women. Regardless of other cardiovascular risks, current research indicates that drinking carrot juice benefits heart health by lowering oxidative stress and improves the body‘s defense against various forms of cardiovascular disease. This effect is likely due to the high antioxidant content that carrots contain.
4. Helps protect against cancer. Studies show that these antioxidants in carrots may be able to fight leukemia cells and may play a role in reducing your risk of some of the most widespread types of cancers, including ovarian and breast cancer.
5. Important for maintaining oral health. The nutrients found in carrots help improve immunity, including the bodies ability to fight bacteria and toxins that interact with a mouth and live with in the gums and teeth. Certain minerals in carrots can be antibacterial and help prevent cavities and tooth decay.
6. Boosts skin health and wound healing. Beta-carotene is critical for healing any type of wound. If you have any type of skin infection, cuts, or other wounds, you’ll find the carrots and carrot juice benefits your skin health by increasing your ability to heal faster and to fight infection and noticeable signs of skin inflammation.
7. Protects brain health and cognitive function. Carrots and carrot juice benefits brain health by helping to prevent against Alzheimer’s disease, improving memory, and defending against other types of cognitive decline. This is due to carrot’s ability to lower oxidative stress in the brain that can weaken nerve signaling capacity.
Well we are convinced! Carrot juice is definitely something to think about adding to your regular juices to smile brighter, see better, think clearer, glow brighter, and live healthier!
Sources: https://draxe.com/carrot-juice/, https://www.healthline.com/health/carrot-juice-benefits, https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/amazing-benefits-of-carrot-juice/#gref